The Thoughtful Spot

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Boredom and Homesickness

"The most exhausting thing in the world, Victoria Bradshaw decided, was not having enough to do." ~Rosamund Pilcher, Wild Mountain Thyme

I am living proof of the veracity of that statement. It's Sunday, the long day at my job, and I am utterly exhausted from doing, well, nothing. I've tried writing a bit, but that's not going terribly well. I started reading the above referenced book. I've looked at local real estate to see what houses comparable to ours are going for. I've made a list of all the things I would like to buy once I start my new job in August (everything from trees, to a home gym, to imported cheese...yeah my tastes are varied). I'm having a hard time staying awake today because it's too warm and there's nothing to do!

I find myself incredibly homesick today. Mississippi, despite being my birthplace and residence for most of my lifetime, is not home. The place that draws my heart continues to be Scotland. I'd give a great deal to be walking the banks of Loch Tay today, or out sailing. Actually I'd give a great deal for a nap. But that's neither here nor there. This is when I tend to immerse myself in books about Scotland, soaking up the brogue and dreaming.

I had a point to this when I started, but I think the lack of air conditioning has fried my brain...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home