The Thoughtful Spot

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Welcome To The Thoughtful Spot



I have other blogs for various purposes, but I decided I would like a place to set down my philosophical thoughts apart from my daily blog where I just dump anything and everything about what is going on in life. I initially thought about A Circle of Quiet, which is the title of my favorite book by Madeleine L'Engle. But last night I was reading through The Tao of Pooh (another favorite) and came across a passage from Milne's Winnie-the-Pooh stories in which Pooh and Piglet are standing in The Thoughtful Spot and trying to decide on Something of Importance. And that image appealed to me. Standing somewhere in a peaceful Hundred Acre Wood away from the hustle and bustle of life to think about the things that are truly important. Wherever I end up for graduate school this coming fall (and that is one of the Big Changes which will shortly be taking place, or at least decided), I think I shall have to find my own physical Thoughtful Spot. But in the meantime, and even after, I would like to use this as my metaphorical Thoughtful Spot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home